Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cancer at 41 (4)

On Friday, November 9th, I had my last chemo treatment.  I had planned for it to be a celebration.  However, about 3 weeks ago, I found out my mother had metastasized ovarian cancer (stage 3/4, not positive yet because they have not been able to operate).  She had her first chemo treatment and got terribly ill; to the point that she wasn't sure she wanted to continue.  That made celebrating my last treatment a little difficult.  Although, I have completed my treatment, I am still dealing with cancer, just in a different way.  I think everyone has experienced cancer to some degree, with someone they love, and can understand what I am talking about.  I am scared and worried for my mother but hopeful and proud of how I have handled my illness.  I am also worried that I may follow in her path.  And to top it off, she is in Ohio and I am in Colorado, so we cannot be together.  Phone conversations are hard, so not being together may be God's way of protecting us, as well; helping each of us to be able to focus our energies where they need to be. That is a lot to take in at this time.  (By the way, thank you to my brother who was able to talk my mom off her ledge and she is still willing to continue her treatments!)

Friends and family from Facebook and in my other realms of life held a prayer vigil for both of us tonight, with over 100 people participating.  That kind of love, support and lifting up, is absolutely amazing to me!  I would never have imagined that there were so many people out there willing to support my family the way they have.  It has given me the strength I need to progress toward recovery.  I will be a breast cancer survivor, just like my mom and grandmother before me!  If my path follows my mother's, and I develop another kind of cancer down the road, I will deal with it as it comes.  I cannot spend my time in fear of what may happen to me in the future or I will miss all the good things I have fought this battle to hang on to and all you have supported me to do.

Thank you, and love, to all of you!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Andrea. I can't imagine what you've been going through. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete